Lables are used for grouping and catagorizing your content; allowing you to easily display any related content. While Labels are most commonly attached to Posts, they can also be attached to any of the Content Elements listed in the Applications section of the Label Type creation/edit form.
Note: Ensure a Label Type has been created before beginning this tutorial.
Step 1 - View your Label Types
From your Digital Bell Dashboard, place your mouse cursor over the "Site Tools" link, located in the menu at the top of the page. From the drop-down list that appears, click the "Labels" link. This takes you to the "Label Type" section of your Dashboard. Your existing Label Types are listed on this page, displayed within separate boxes.
Locate the box for the Label Type you wish to create a new Label for, and click the "Add a new (Label Type)" link.
Step 2 - Complete the Form
After clicking the link, you will be forwarded to the Label creation form. Next, you will enter the information for your new Label in the fields described below. Those marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- *Title: The title of your new Label.
- *Name: The "Name" is the internal designation for your label. It will auto-complete, based on your title.
- *Singular and Plural: Here, you will enter the singular and plural forms of your Label, (i.e. News Article/News Articles).
- *Is Active: This option determines whether your Label is "active" on your Web site. Selecting "Yes" will allow you to apply the Label to Content Elements. Selecing "No" effectively removes the Label from your site, while keeping it stored for later use. This option can be changed at any time by editing your Label.
- Weight: This option allows you to assign a number (positive or negative) to your Label, which sets the "weight." The "weight" determines how Content Elements, with your new Label attached, will be listed -- in relation to other labeled content.
The lower the "weight" the higher it will be displayed on any lists.
Clicking "View More Options" will open the "Affiliated Content" section. If you are creating a Label hierarchy, this section is used to attach existing Labels to your new Label. Clicking "expand all" will display the Labels (if any) that can be attached.
Finsh - Click Submit
Once you have completed the form, click the "Submit" button, at the bottom of the page. Your new Label will now be added to your chosen Label Type. Labels can then be applied to Content Elements by clicking the collapsed "Labels" (or "Affiliations," depending on your Web site) section, then clicking again on the listed Label Type(s), and finally ticking the check boxes for the individual Label(s).
However, note that the Label Type must be allowed access to the specific Content Element you wish to apply the Label to. This can be accomplished by ticking the check box of the selected Content Element in the Applications section of the Label Type creation/edit form.
Your Labels can be edited at any time by, first, placing your mouse cursor over the "Site Tools" link, located in the menu at the top of the page. From the drop-down list that appears, click the "Labels" link. Then, from your Dashboard's Label Type directory, locate the appropriate Label Type for the Label you wish to edit.
Once you have located the correct Label Type, click the "View the list of (Label Type)" link. Finally, from your list of individual Labels, click the Edit button (pencil icon) to the left of the approprirate Label's title.